Monday, April 2, 2007

Your Silence


In your silence, during
your silence, i am a man alone
with no memory, frail
like a browned leaf falling.

No sun and nothing to see,
for mountains of sadness
are shoveled on me. No sound,
no ears; they're tuned to the sob
that knows inexistent hands
will pat it down at the first instance.

Your silence is the crisp blue flame
licking your gift of forgetting,
my involuntary blinks, our night sky
of deafness to everything but our voices.

I am the distance, spanning the highways
of this, your silence. A hoax, a myth,
an illusion, glimpsed momentarily
and gone the moment
you snap yourself back
to the snaking precipice ahead.

Coldness is this itch on my skin,
longing for the warm caress of the ocean.

Breathe unto me
the faint whisper of your exhale
that i may live, dream and feel
this, in this, emptiness filled by my being.
For color. For skies. For joy.

No comments: