Tuesday, March 27, 2007

decide to be happy

I decide to be happy, to revel in the good things in my life and know that I deserve no less than the best and genuine from anybody and everybody. I have faith in the sincerity of my heart, in the kindness of my deeds and in the gentleness of my words. The tears I shed, no matter how often, remain threadbare evidences of the ill spirit others prosecute me for . The tears are never admission of guilt, but are for grieving chances lost, excesses from the well of sympathy that was once so willing to give forth gushing water. It seals itself carefully now, and chooses to gape open to those who I deem worth my time, worth my heart.

I am nowhere near perfection, but I am at a state of greater awareness – of myself - this little girl from so long ago, who used to hide and cower at the often ill-perceived imminence of danger and risk. Many fears remain, but the years have fostered greater commitment and willpower to overcome, to believe that everything passes – this too. I decide my reality and bend the world towards it. The world will bend to bestow me bliss, to grant me people who would love me and whom I would love, to build me a home at any corner of the world, be it in the ephemeral clouds, in the rocky seas, or on solid ground. I am happy, today on my birthday and always.

No comments: